Today’s evolving workplace faces many challenges – global talent scarcity, up/re/new skilling, quiet quitting, new ways of working and so much more. Added to that climate change and sustainability urgency.
With an estimated 24 million net new jobs worldwide being created by the green economy by 2030, green skills are essential to the transition towards a green economy, (Intl Labour Org). Yet the global shortage of skilled professionals continues across industries where the demand for technical & sustainable skills outpaces the availability of required skills.
The world’s sustainability transformation calls not only for a new generation of technology but a new generation of technology professionals. Data and Digital knowledge and skills are at the very foundation of the future workforce.
In this talk, you will understand why tech professionals – especially women in tech – have a central role in the evolving workplace.
Session Key Takeaways:
- How the urgency of climate change and sustainability is creating a skills gap
- Moving towards a sustainable workforce
- What a sustainable workforce looks like
- Why data and digital skills are 2 of the top priority skills for the new workforce
- Preparing for the new workplace – for yourself, your team, your organisation
- How women are leading in the sustainable tech
- Practical examples of green tech, sustainable solutions, and tech skills coming together to create a more sustainable environment.