1 – Definitions
- In these terms and conditions, the following terms have the following meanings:
- “Company” The employer of the Delegate as named on the booking for
- “Delegate” Any person who attends Women of Silicon Roundabout
- “Conference” Women of Silicon Roundabout
- “Organizer” Ascend Global Media Limited
- “Package” The facilities offered during the Event to include conference sessions and the access to networking opportunities and presentation material post-conference (where speaker permission has been granted)
2 – Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with UK law and any disputes resulting from an interpretation of these terms and conditions shall be settled by a UK court.
3 – Applications to attend an Event
- Applications to attend an Event must be made via the Women of Silicon Roundabout online registration page or via telephone with an Ascend Global Media representative. No alterations to these terms and conditions can be accepted without the written consent of the Organizer.
4 – Cost
- The event will include all the facilities more specifically set out in the booking.
- The Delegate will be charged and will pay any supplier directly during the Event for all goods and services not included in the delegate package.
- Travel and hotel accommodation are not included in the booking. The organizer will not accept invoices or charges relating to delegates travel, accommodation and other expenses.
5 – Contract and Termination
- On the acceptance of the official booking form or online booking by the Organizer, a contract relating to the Event will exist between the Organizer and the Company. In case of non-payment of any sum due from the Company, whether legally demanded or not, or of the breach, or non-observance, by the Company or the Delegate of any of these terms and conditions, or any regulations to be observed by the Company or the Delegate, the Organizer shall have right to terminate the contract and to refuse passage to the Delegate or attendance to the Event by the Delegate without prejudice to the right to recover all sums payable by the Company and all other claims against it, and any loss or damage sustained by the Organizer.
6 – Withdrawal or Cancellation by Company Delegate and substitution policy
- Any notification of withdrawal or cancellation by the Company and/or Delegate must be in writing and sent to the Organizer. Cancellation will be deemed to have occurred when written notification has been received by the Organizer.
- If a cancellation is received in writing a refund of 90% (less administrative costs incurred by the organiser) is available if a ticket is cancelled 90 days before the event date. The refund will be issued within 60 days of the request being received and acknowledged by AGM. If the ticket has been purchased via bank transfer, it is the responsibility of the ticket holder to provide the bank details to AGM in order to process the refund.
- Cancellations received within the 90 days preceding the event date no refunds are available for ticket cancellations, however the ticket may be transferred to another individual; it is the responsibility of the ticket holder to provide the information of the transferee to AGM. Alternatively, the ticket holder may choose to transfer the ticket to a future event, held by AGM in the following 12 calendar months from the original event date. If the ticket is not transferred to another individual or to another AGM event in the following 12 calendar months from the original event date, AGM will have no liability to the ticket holder.
- The Organizer reserves the right to alter or cancel the Event without notice (including substitution, alternation or cancellation of event program, speakers, topics, dates and location) The Organizer is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of alteration of an event.
- Should the event be required to run as an online conference as a result of local government restrictions or AGM’s own health & safety assessment, the ticket will automatically be transferred to the online event and 40% of the original fee will be allocated to the online ticket. The remaining 60% of the original fee will be held by AGM as a credit which may be redeemed at a future event held by AGM, within the following 12 calendar months from the original event date. If the credit is not redeemed at an alternative AGM event taking place within 12 calendar months of the original event, it will expire and AGM with have no further liability to the ticket holder. The credit held with AGM can be transferred to another individual but it is the responsibility of the ticket holder to provide the information of the transferee to AGM.
- Should the event be required to run as an online conference as a result of local government restrictions or AGM’s own health & safety assessment, and the ticket holder does not wish to attend the online event, 10% of the original ticket fee will be held by AGM to cover administrative costs and the remaining 90% will be held by AGM as a credit which may redeemed at a future event held by AGM, within the following 12 calendar months from the original event date. If the credit is not redeemed at an event within 12 calendar months of the original event date, it will expire and AGM with have no further liability to the ticket holder. The credit held with AGM can be transferred to another individual but it is the responsibility of the ticket holder to provide the information of the transferee to AGM.
- Ascend Global Media reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject delegates in circumstances deemed reasonable (for example, due to concerns regarding health and safety, security, or environmental concerns), and may on occasion conduct security searches and or health checks to ensure the safety of delegates. Delegates may also be refused entry or ejected from the event on account of exhibiting anti-social behaviour or declining to be searched or health checked. No refunds will be offered to delegates who are refused entry or who are ejected in these circumstances.
7 – Payment terms
- Full payment is due upon receipt of invoice.
- Delegates will not have rights to attend the Event until payment is made in full and will not be allowed to attend any other sessions or social functions at the Women of Silicon Roundabout 2023
- Payments by bank transfer can be made up until 22nd October 2023. After 22nd October 2023, only credit card payments will be accepted.
- All payments will be issued with a receipt and the delegate is liable to pay any necessary taxes and service fees where applicable.
- Once a delegate booking is complete, no future promotional offers can be used in conjunction with the original booking.
- This clause does not invalidate the delegates obligation under clause 6.
8 – Postponement, abandonment or speaker cancellation
- To the fullest extent permitted by law the Company shall not have any claim against the Organizer in respect of any loss or damage consequent upon the failure for whatever reason to hold any part of the Event or of the venue at which the Event is scheduled to take place becoming wholly or partially unavailable for the holding of the Event. If by rearrangement or postponement of the period of the Event, or by substitution of another venue for the holding of the Event, or any other reasonable manner, the Event can take place, the contract between the Organizer and the Company shall remain in force.
- If the Organizer has to alter the content or timing of the Conference Programme or the identity of any speakers, for any reason whatsoever; the organizer is not liable to refund delegate fees or pay for additional costs incurred by delegates attending Women of Silicon Roundabout 2023.
9 – Insurance
- The Organizer is not responsible for the safety of any property of the Company or Delegate, or for its loss, damage or destruction or for any loss or damage sustained by the Company or the Delegate, in each case for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility can be accepted by the Organizer’s for any consequences arising from postponement or abandonment of the Event. The Company should take out its own insurance to cover all liabilities and risks as well as non-attendance by the delegate for whatever reason.
10 – Fire Precautions
- The Company and the Delegate must comply with any reasonable instructions given by the venue or any other authority regarding fire precautions.
11 – Information and Copyright
- Information supplied by the Organizer’s in relation to any event is accurate to the best of their knowledge and belief, but shall not constitute any warranty or representation by the Organizer’s and any inaccuracy or mistake in such information or omission from it shall not entitle the Company to cancel its booking.
- Unless stated otherwise, all information and data relating to the Event, which is supplied by the Organizer’s to the Delegate, is for use by that Delegate only, is the copyright of the Organizer’s and cannot be passed on to any third party for any purpose.
12 – Exclusion
- The Organizer’s reserve the right to exclude or remove from the Event any person whose presence, in the opinion of the Organizer’s, is or is likely to be undesirable or may put the safety and wellbeing of the other delegates or staff at risk.
13 – Data Protection
- Our events are sponsored. With permission delegate name, job title, company and email address will be shared with individual sponsors for the purpose of sharing event content, career & learning opportunities and products & services. By submitting your details you agree to sharing your details with event sponsors. You can opt-out of these communications at any time either during registration, via the event app or by emailing customercare@
14 – Company statement
Our platforms are dedicated to providing a ‘safe place’ for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of any members of our platforms and participants in our virtual and live events in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any business community or conference, including talks, workshops, Twitter and other online media. Members and conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the platform or conference without a refund at the discretion of Ascend Global Media.
At Ascend Global Media we are an inclusive community. All members, attendees of our virtual and live events, speakers, sponsors and volunteers are required to agree with the following. In being part of our community you should always conduct yourself professionally. Be kind, respectful, inclusive to all members. You must respect everyone’s privacy, you must choose your words carefully, you must be sensible.
All speakers should submit a draft and final presentation, failure to do so may mean expulsion from our platform.
Nobody should ever feel excluded based on their race, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability or medical condition.
Should anyone violate our code of conduct or anything noted above, Ascend Global Media will immediately – and permanently – remove you as a member of our community or a participant in our virtual/live events. We operate a zero tolerance policy.
I consent and agree to this statement and understand that any behaviour or action that contradicts this statement will result in my removal.